What We Believe!
To declare by attitude and conduct that Jesus Christ is the Beloved Head of this organization of people through:
- Worship governed by the truth of the Scripture, (John 4:24)
- Teaching, preaching and counseling by the authority of the Bible (2 Timothy 3;16-17)
- Holy living and love motivated by the grace of God received through Christ (2 Corinthians 5:14-15)
- Sharing the Gospel with the world by word and deed (Matthew 28:18-19)
- Fellowship with each other reflecting our oneness in Christ (Acts 2:42)
- Humble dependence on God and the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 3:20-21)
Our Committment to the Mission
The essentials in fulfilling our mission involve us in the following pattern of conduct as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Attend worship services faithfully unless providentially hindered (Exodus 20:8-11, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Maintain daily family/personal fellowship with God through Bible reading and prayer (Matthew 4:4, I Thessalonians 5:17, Ephesians 6:4, I Peter 3:7)
- Serve the congregation in at least one regular responsibility seeking to engage your spiritual gift for the glory of God.
- Participate regularly in a small group (2 or more people) for encouragement, prayer or study.
- Generously give as the Lord prospers. (Malachi 3:8-10, I Corinthians 16:2, II Corinthians 9:7)
- Demonstrate good citizenship by loving your neighbor and obeying proper authorities. (Matthew 22:37, Matthew 25:31-46, Romans 13:1-7)
What We Believe!
“Where there is no vision, the people perish” Proverbs 29:18. The vision that God has given me for Calvary is that it would be a ministry that is R.E.A.L., that is, “Relevant, Empowering, Accountable and Loving”.
The ministry of Calvary Christian Center is relevant to the world we live in by addressing social issues that challenge our community, such as drug addiction, poverty, education, crime, broken families, etc.
The ministry of Calvary makes the believer the main focus, which allows effective ministry to take place. Calvary is a glorious ministry that gives seed to other ministries. Discipleship is a focus as Calvary empowers families and individuals.
Calvary is a church where the leadership is accountable to God and His local body at Calvary. The leadership lives godly lives that reflect high moral standards. And the covenantors are expected to do the same. Calvary will forever hold the Word in the highest esteem.
Calvary operates in the love of God in all situations. We restore our brothers and sisters overtaken in faults, considering our own selves, lest we be tempted. We seek to restore and heal broken relationships and to forgive in all situations.
It is my desire for Calvary Christian Center to be a blessing to God first, our covenantors, our community, our state, nation and our world.